Please read this Policy carefully to fully understand how we collect, share and protect information about you. This Policy is incorporated into and is a part of our Terms and Conditions of Use. To access the Terms and Conditions of Use.
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site and Applications, we collect certain information from users. Please do not provide any sensitive health information (HIV/AIDS, mental or behavioural health, sexually transmitted diseases, genetic tests, substance abuse), your social security number, or any financial account information. If you should do so inadvertently, we will use and disclose that information in the same manner as any other information you provide to us.
We are obligated to abide by the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") and its privacy and security regulations, and under the privacy and security provisions of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 ("HITECH" Act).
In operating our Site and/or Applications, we may collect and process the following data about you:
2. Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site (for example, to contact us, you must provide your name and e-mail address).
3. Personally identifiable information. This includes any information directly associated with a specific person or entity including name, e-mail address, username, mobile telephone number, location, and photos and/or videos, as well as activities that are linked to that person.
4. Health information.
5. Financial information received from your purchase(s) through PayPal, Inc. (e.g. credit card information, or financial account information). Breoot will only collect and store such information for payment purposes. Breoot will not use it for any other purpose, and will take adequate security measures to protect the information you submit.
6. Mobile Device and Website Information. This includes date and time you access the Site and/or Application, Push Notification Device Tokens (if you choose to grant permission), location (if you choose to grant permission), UDID, iOS operating system version, country of device registration, crash report information (i.e. timestamp, crash GPS radio state, cellular radio state, WiFi radio state), and user language preferences.
7. Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
We may ask you to participate in use surveys, questionnaires, or polls, to improve our Site and/or Application. Your responses are collected only as anonymous, aggregated information and are used for statistical purposes.
A "cookie" is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us and our affiliates to improve our Site and Applications. They ensure that the content from our Site and Applications is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site or Applications.
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with information relating to our services or products;
2. To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our website;
3. To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site and Application traffic and usage patterns;
4. To contact you by e-mail or send other communications if you indicate you would like to receive e-mails and newsletters from Breoot;
5. To aggregate health information with that of other users, and share aggregated information in accordance with applicable state and federal laws;
6. To analyze trends; and
7. To allow others who are providing services to you to communicate with you.
To ensure that your information is secure, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site or through our Applications.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site or through our Applications, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your password, username, and e-mail address. Do not allow others to use your password or username to access our Site or Application. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor, and have signed up for an account on their behalf (see Section below "Users' Age"), who you share your password or username with is at your sole discretion.
Additionally, you should not use public computers or networks (i.e. hotels, library, etc.) to access our Site or Applications. If you should access our Site or Application on a public computer or network, you do so at your own risk and Breoot does not take any responsibility for the security of your information.
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products and services to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our products and services. We may give our Provider users and their staff access to health information about their patients and/or clients. We also may give Providers, including health care professionals, and fitness professionals, access to health information about their patients and/or clients.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
2. Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
3. When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
4. We will redisclose the information Providers provide to us on behalf of their patients and/or clients to third parties in order to provide assistance to the patients and/or clients through the services provided.
By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Site or Applications, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Our Site and Applications are designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age), but may also be used by minors between the ages of 13 and 17 years old IF a parent or legal guardian signs up for a Breoot account on the minor’s behalf and purchases the plan on the minor’s behalf. By using our Site or Applications, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older, or that you are a parent of a minor between the ages of 13 and 17 years of age and are providing consent on their behalf.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site or Applications. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site or Applications, sign up for an account on our Site or Applications, or purchase anything through Breoot. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf.
We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
If you believe any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or have any complaints about our Site or Application, please inform us as soon as possible at the address below.
200 East 90th Street
New York, NY 10128
BREOOT is ecommerce-enabled, which means you’ll be able to collect payments from your patients for access to their prevention programs.
We integrate many patient engagement and retention features that encourage your patients to make follow appointments.
Many studies have shown that prevention programs improve patient health.
Access to BREOOT extensive library of prevention and life style intervention programs.
Patients access their programs from your self branded portal through your website.